For the pantry
- 500 g fresh enoki mushrooms
- Wild grass or other types of hay for smoking. You can also supplement it with pine needles or juniper branches
- Flavor-neutral oil or cooking spray
- 100 g lamb fat
- Lemon thyme
- A few ramson buds (you can alternatively use garlic or capers)
- Apple cider
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Large hotel pan with a tight-fitting lid (another deep tray can also be used)
- Atomizer or another instrument that sprays (such as canister of cooking spray)
- Place the mushrooms in one end of the deep gastro tray and spray lightly with oil.
- Put a handful of grass or hay in the other end. Light the grass and close the lid. Repeat this process until you have achieved the desired flavor.
- Fry the mushrooms in lamb fat, lemon thyme and ramson buds until light brown.
- Season with apple cider, salt, and pepper.
This recipe is an amazing accompaniment for any meaty dish. Serve it on the side of a grilled steak or in a sandwich.