- 500 g blackberries (or raspberries or dewberries)
- 100 ml blackberry wine (or apple wine)
- 1 clove black garlic – available in certain supermarkets
- 100 g organic cane sugar
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs without the crust
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Toast breadcrumbs until crisp and golden, either in a frying pan or in an oven heated to 140 degrees Celsius.
- Crush sugar and black garlic to a smooth paste in a mortar.
- Add blackberries and crush to release juices. If you cannot fit it all in the mortar at once, crush in stages.
- Put the crushed blackberry mixture in a pot. Add wine and fried breadcrumbs.
- Heat the mixture slowly. Stir until thickened.
- Season with a bit of salt and lemon juice to taste
You can serve the purée hot or cold. It goes well with ice cream or over yoghurt. The fried breadcrumbs can be substituted with other types of crushed baked goods. Try this recipe with other fruits and berries.